Sustainability, Green, and Water Conservation are all buzzwords lately. It is safe to say that whether you are insanely passionate about the planet, or just interested saving a few bucks on the utility bill - we all feel a little warm and fuzzy knowing that we are using less resources.
At Waterhouse, we know we need to satisfy both types of people - those who want to save water and resources at any expense, and those who will opt for the water saving technology, but not at the expense of performance and design.
The sustainability products you will find at Waterhouse are not like the others. The products that we carry have been specially selected to meet or exceed guidelines, but still provide unbelievable performance - you would never know that you're doing something great for the planet by the feeling of our HansGrohe Raindance Shower Heads, or the flushing abilities of our Kohler canister flush toilets.
Electronic & Metered Lavatory Faucets
- Electronic faucet saves users 1 gallon per minuet (gpm), while metered faucets save 2 gpm.
- Infrared sensor technology will automatically turn on and off faucet to help conserve water.
- Saves 40% - 77% water
- Available in traditional and contemporary styles.
- Aerators are available to reduce a 2.2 GPM to a 1.5 gpm or even a .5 gpm.
- Installing a new aerator enables you to save 10% or 32%
- Showerheads and handhelds are available in a 1.6 gpm that will still provide a full coverage spray as a 2.2 gpm.
- Body sprays are available in a 1 gpm compared to the average 2 - 2.5 gpm of most body sprays, saving 50% or more water.
Kohler Class Five EST Toilet
- 1.28 gallon per flush (gpf) qualifies as a High-Efficiency Toilet that saves up to 3,200 gallons of water per fixture per year.
- Eco Smart tower flush valve ensures consistent, reliable flushing performance with no tank run-ons.
Kohler Power Lite Toilet
- Exclusive Twin Touch actuator provides a 1.4 and a 1.0 gallon flush options that save approximately 2,000 to 5,000 gallons of water per fixture per year.
Kohler Waterless Urinals
- Waterless functionality saves up to 40,000 gallons of water per fixture per year compared to water-based urinals, and significantly reduces sewage and maintenance costs.
- Cartridge-free integral trapway provides enhanced performance and less routine maintenance with no cartridges to plug or replace.
- Reduced odor trapway design, combined with Kohler waterless urinal sealing liquid, minimizes odors compared to other waterless and water-based models.
Bidet Toilet Seats
- 5 Million trees are cut down annually to manufacture toilet paper
- 474 billion gallons of water are used annually to manfacture toilet paper
- If 20% of US households used a bidet toilet seat and reduced their toilet paper by 1 roll, we would save almost 300,000 trees, over 1.2 million cubic feet of landfill space, and 122 million gallons of water (a year's supply of water for 3,500 families of four).